2018年4月27日 星期五

Comics as Contemporary Literature

Comics as Contemporary Literature

「Asterios Polyp」的圖片搜尋結果

I read Asterios Polyp, it is a amazing experianse!

Before I join this calss I have no idea about the style of graphic novel. I do read a lot of manga and some comic. So, I always consider myself familier with this photo and words sylte of reading. However, when the calss bring up the reading list of the graphic novel, it is like a whole new world for me. I love reading both novel and comic, but I always thought they are two different styles. For me, the comic is more an intertaiment they novel. When I am reading novel I tends to be more serious in the story. When I read comic teds to be more chill and relax. When I get in touch with the graphic novel in class, I rejected at the beginning. I don’t think novel and literature can perfectly combined together.Novel should be more serious and that is what comic can’t be. This old idea was bugging in my mind. Then, I changed my mind when I read Asterios Polyp.

Asterios Polyp has a pretty simple story line. We follow this cool professor. When his house had burn into ashes he started his travel. I aways like this kind of travel and self improve story. But, what made me in love with the Asterios Polyp is the style. Art, story, and narrator, all the element need to be combided together that makes how this work it is. If it is not because of the use of art, I won’t feel the beuty when I read the story. If it is not because of the narrator telling the story I win’t feel the humuer and realistic. All the element cominde and make Asterios Polyp a great work!


If movie is consider as a type of art, then I think graphic novel should be too!  

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Stereotype and the ethics of representation

Stereotype and the ethics of representation Talking about the stereotype, it is always a huge topic in the literature. I personally t...